RR 480 4T EFI MY 2020
RRP $13,995 + ON ROAD COSTS
High performance, big bore power that loves wide open terrain. From desert racing to monster hill climbs and everything in between, twist the throttle and hang on tight! Fuel injection and electric start as standard features. ADR and LAMS compliant in all Australian states and territories.
THE NEW GENERATION
This is no simple redesign of the previous model. This bike represents a new generation of enduro motorcycle within the RR range.
Beta has completely reinterpreted the off-road experience, with a slim, lightweight bike that is safe, reliable, and easy to ride while creating a riding experience like no other manufacturer can provide.
All this to bring together the best aesthetics, ergonomics and engines in order to make the new RR MY 2020 a motorcycle capable of providing the rider with an experience that you will feel passionate about.
The design aspect deserves a special mention of its own, as the superstructure, tailpiece, seat and a myriad of other details are all brand-new.
- Completely new superstructure (front cowl, front and rear fenders, ducts and fairings) that improves ergonomics and the operation of all related parts retaining the Italian design Beta is known for.
- Front fender with variable thickness geometry which reduces weight and increases rigidity.
- New tailpiece in techno-polymer.
- New tailpiece attachments in techno-polymer.
- New handlebar protector. Redesigned seat, providing more comfortable when moving about on the bike.
- New license plate bracket, lighter and with integrated handles.
- New digital instruments and instrument panel. Redesigned skid plate.
- New rear light and license plate bracket with integrated handles.
- New frame protectors.
The Beta philosophy is to make sure each engine size has its own distinct personality to meet the specific needs of every enduro rider.
The work of Beta's design engineers, testers and the entire Research and Development team has been expanded and intensified. You only need to look at the enormous advances made by the engine team, which has introduced a completely new engine to the 4-stroke range.
- A complete redesign, with the aim of reducing the weight and bulk of moving parts, achieved by raising the clutch and moving the crankshaft back. Moving the center of gravity closer to the swing arm pivot makes for significantly better handling. An overall weight reduction of around 1 kg.
- A redesigned magnesium clutch cover to improve the oil flow into the clutch assembly more efficiently.
- Magnesium flywheel cover, redesigned in line with the rest of the engine, now with a more functional and modern look.
- New water pump system that improves flow rate and therefore the efficiency of the cooling system's ability to transfer heat, keeping average temperatures lower, improving performance, and providing a more simplified cooling hose system.
- Cooling system with water hoses placed inside the frame and more efficient radiators. This improves heat transfer and allows engines to operate at lower temperatures even in the most extreme conditions.
- Cylinder and head redesigned matched with the updated cooling system to lower engine temperatures.
- Oil circuit redesigned to provide better heat transfer between oil and water in the front section of the crankcase in order to keep the oil temperature lower.
- Clutch with redesigned discs in a new material to ensure smoother and more modular gear shifting.
- Redesigned gearing, now shorter and lighter.
- New gearshift mechanism with lighter cam to improve shifting.
- Gearshift lever redesigned in line with the new engine and frame layout.
- Addition of a neutral sensor.
- Updated EFI mapping.
- Shorter gearing compared to previous models.
- New silencer protector.